Pathfinder: The Kingmaker Chronicles
First thing’s first-
You can also find a great amount of information for creating your character in the Kingmaker Player’s Guide.. Specifically, I’d like to draw your attention to pg. 10- All Pathfinder characters begin with two traits, and one of these needs to be one of the Campaign traits for Kingmaker. The other can be whatever you wish, unless its specific to another campaign path or generally makes no sense.
I’d like a small background for each character, just a brief paragraph to give a feel of who they are and what they’re about. Characters don’t need to know each other, but any that you wish to have as relatives or pre-existing friends is great- Especially if it ties in with your Kingmaker character trait!
For general creation purposes-
- Level 1 characters
- Point-buy for stats, 15 points total.
- Core races only. Alternate racial traits are fine and generally encouraged
- All Core Classes and Base Classes are allowed, with the exception of Gunslinger. No firearms will be present in the campaign and no alternate classes(Anti-Paladin/Ninja/Samurai), please.
- No evil alignments, please
- Class archetypes are also fine, let me know if you have any questions regarding how these work.
Fair warning- be careful before committing to an archetype. All of the Pathfinder classes have a significant amount of cool stuff, and in quite a few cases you’ll have to trade some snazzy core abilities for what you gain with an archetype. (Ex- Fighter’s Armor Use ability)
- Use the Avg starting gold for your class (see the table: Starting Character Wealth on the Outline)
- This will be a pen and paper game at the table, using minis. Please arrange for a mini in some fashion, even if its just a token on a stand(We might also do what we used to and see if we can talk Pat into bringing his boxes o’ minis).
Update: Located a good reference for differences between 3.5 and PF-
That’s all for now, take a crack and let me know if you have any questions, or if there’s anything else I can help with.